Jasper - knowledge base, jewelry
Properties of Jasper physiological effects, zodiac signs and Jasper jewelry.
Jasper means a spotted or speckled stone.
Diverse and multifaceted stones. Splashes of colour, a mix of reds, greens and yellows, woody or organic-looking stains make jasper a truly unique gem. Its unique patterns and colours, as well as its hardness and lustre, have made it a favourite gemstone for thousands of years.
Chemical and physical properties of jasper:
Formula: SiO2 silicon dioxide
Crystal system: hexagonal
Color: red, yellow, orange, brown, green, blue
Mohs scale hardeness: 6,5 – 7,0
Specific gravity: 2,5 – 2,9 g/cm³
Major metaphysical healing properties attributed to jasper:
It stimulates the blood circulation, stimulates the reproductive organs, promotes the digestive system, cleanses the body, provides immunity, strengthens the will to live, and gives patience.
Click here to read about the general characteristics of horoscopes!
A part of our jasper jewelry offer. Click on the images for more details!
For more jewelry please click here!
The history of jasper
Jasper was also used by the ancient Egyptians and Greeks. They were turned into tools, seals, beads and ornaments. In ancient times it was considered very rare and valuable, but was probably confused with other gemstones such as jade and nephrite. With today's knowledge and tools, it is easier to identify and jasper from around the world is an affordable but also beautiful gemstone.
Use of jasper
Utility items, ornaments, jewellery.
Major sites and types
- African jasper (with dark shades)
- Brazilian jasper (with green spots)
- Russian jasper (with reddish spots)
- Biggs jasper - Oregon USA (dull gold, brown and ebony with wood-like patterns)
- Bruneau jasper - Idaho USA (caramel, cream)
- Morgan Hill jasper - California USA (red and yellow circles)
- Owyhee jasper from the Rocky Mountains (sandy brown)
- Dendritic jasper (with feathery patterns)
- Flame jasper (red, orange)